Like all of you, we too have been following the coronavirus updates carefully as well. At this time, we are moving ahead with our plans to host the New River Yoga Festival August 28-30. Luckily this event is quite a few months out and by then there is a good chance that the coronavirus dies down, or off entirely. We will continue to have ticket sales and announce our teachers for the event. If you purchase a ticket and we have to cancel the event, you will receive a refund.
What can you do to protect yourself for now?
- Follow all the protocols that are circulating; wash your hands more frequently and rigorously and for 20 seconds or longer with hot water and soap, avoid large public gatherings, wipe down all surfaces you touch regularly with a disinfectant and take care of yourself.
As yoga practitioners we have a lot of tools on hand to use during times like these:
- Eat a plant based diet to ensure that you are getting antioxidants and nutrients that can help you ward off infections of any kind. Especially up your intake of B12, Zinc and Vitamin C.
- Try a mixture of ½ tsp each cinnamon, turmeric and ginger in 2 tablespoons of local honey to make a paste. Eat a teaspoon three times daily to boost immunity.
- Practice meditation and deep breathing exercises. With some possible extra time on hand there is no better time to start.
- If you are continuing to go to yoga classes take your own mat and props. If you aren’t, there are exceptional resources online to take classes in the comfort of your own home. Try Surya Namaskara for 5 rounds morning and evening.
- Take a walk in the woods. Here in the New River Gorge we are spoiled with our mountain trails but if you have a trail near you take some time to enjoy the fresh spring air and sunshine.
We hope that you and your loved ones stay calm and healthy during this time.